Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Mary Catherine D'Agostino: A Bio


Sneak Preview

Art is surrounding us everyday with a unique message behind every piece of work.   I believe that Edgar Degas describes this perfectly in his quote “Art is not what you see but what you make others see. 

Hi my name is Mary Catherine D'Agostino I am a first year Sheridan College student in the Advertising and Marketing program.  I have always had a passion for art beginning as a child when I would doodle for fun.  My passion for art became much stronger when I entered my teenage years due to unfortunate events that occurred in my life.  I learned to use art as an outlet and began to grow quiet a skill for it.
 
This is my first attempt at a blog and I hope that my views on art help open doors for discussion because I would love to learn how others view art, observe art around them or even how art may have affected them in any way at some point in their lives. 

Please feel free to drop in anytime and check out my latest posts and express any thoughts you may have.  Let us not forget that “This world is but a canvas to our imagination” – Henry David Thoreau 

2 comments:

  1. Art, in my opinion, is a subjective experience. It can make a person feel! Happy, sad, intrigued, dreamy, hopeful.. If it is of something agonizing, like a portrait of child soldiers in Africa, it can even make you impassioned or angry. That is the way I view art.. It is expressionative and personal. It will mean something different to each individual, whether it was the emotion you intended to have them feel or not. Art is such an amazing outlet and can help so many people. Art on girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, one way to view art is definitely from an emotional stand point. Whether the viewer is feeling the emotion the artist intended them to feel or perhaps something deeper and more personal, either way the art work has caught the viewers attention and really made them take a moment to think.

      Delete